- How do you know for sure that you’re pregnant?
- You’re sticking out your tummy, right?
- You know, you don’t have to eat for two now.
- You’re not going to get fat, are you?
- Twins?! I would NOT want to be you right now!
- Twins? So you’re killing two birds with one stone.
- Are you going to deliver vaginally?
- You are SO going to go on bed rest!
- You gained too much weight this month.
- A death brings a new life (I had recently lost my father)
I would love to tell you who said what, and you may be able to guess some. Believe it or not, only a few of these comments were from strangers. Thankfully, not one of these comments was from my ever-loving husband!!
Ah, pregnancy. It really brings out the best in people…and their filters go right out the window! I would love to think that we could all use our inside voice when it comes to these very personal and sensitive subjects surrounding pregnancy, especially if you are not super close with the mama-to-be.