I have a serious question for you. Do you spa? It’s something I have not really done but will be, because I think it is really important. Hear me out.
You might know some mamas that get their nails done on a regular basis. Their toes are perfectly pedicured long before you have even remembered to take out your sandals and put away your winter boots…or maybe that’s just me.
I often admire those mamas, making time to get themselves all prettied up. I would love to have my nails done and my toes done and even my hair done regularly, but here is why I have not:
- I don’t like gossiping. I am not a fan of gossiping with other mamas/ladies/salon staff about their relationships or their demanding family life.
- I don’t like being judged. I am not a regular at any salon or spa center, which gets eyes at some of these places. You know what I’m talking about. There are some ladies that look like they have been pampered before they get pampered. I am not one of those ladies. I am perfectly fine walking in to get a haircut with my hair unwashed and frizzed out of control…because that’s why I’m going, right?
- I don’t like wasting my time and money. I never found a place I actually wanted to spend that much time at getting those treatments done. I always cancel my appointments beforehand because I rationalize my time and how I will feel at the salon. I usually try to work a bit, never really relax and always inevitably walk out frustrated or not completely satisfied.
So here’s the deal. I found a place that I don’t have any of these issues with. And since you might not know about it, I thought I would share it with you.
The spa is called LIFEforia and it is a hidden gem inside the Sheraton Hotel near the Dorval airport. It’s got absolutely everything: every kind of spa treatment, a dry sauna, yoga room, partnered gym with every type of equipment, and a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool a few feet away.
LIFEforia invited me and my fabulous blogger friend, Tanya Toledano of MontrealMom.com to check out all that they have to offer so we made ourselves a little spa day a few weeks back, and it was well worth it.
We drove together to the Sheraton Hotel and Kelly was waiting for us at LIFEforia’s side entrance. Sheraton guests have easy access to the spa, you can also get to it from the front desk. Parking is included if you visit the spa which was a great advantage since the parking is an added expense I would not want to spend.
We were showed around and got to take a look at every room of the spa. Here are a few:
What I love about LIFEforia is that this spa is cozy and welcoming. The manicure and pedicure room is so sweet, with room for only three people at a time. I love that you can book your mani/pedi with a friend and it’s like having a private spa treatment. And the only conversation you will hear will be with the friend(s) you are with.
Kelly is stocked with excellent products, and one I was introduced by her and have been using ever since is SpaRitual, a natural nail polish. Not only does it last, but the colours are beautiful, and not at all washed out like some other natural polishes. My nail polish on my toes lasted so well, I ended up taking it off only once my nails were growing too long. And my manicure lasted through some serious mama work around the home, I was really impressed.
The treatment room where Tanya and I got our facials was so relaxing. There was soft music, dim lighting and it was just the right amount of all the ingredients to make it a peaceful moment. I’m not so big on massages, but a facial is a bit of everything at LIFEforia. You get amazing products for your face, gentle massages for your head, shoulders and neck and when your time is up, you feel renewed. I have to mention that Tanya was so relaxed I heard a snore or two to my right. That made me smile! If I had been a bit more tired, I think I would have done the same!
While we were there, Tanya and I had so many ideas for the way you could enjoy LIFEforia:
- A mini spa day with friends or alone
- A full spa day with a yoga class and swim combined with your day
- A day for mama at the spa, then a family activity of swimming
- Yoga class for the kids while mama gets a spa treatment
- Spa time, followed by a nice dinner at the Sheraton restaurant
- A stay-cation for parents at the Sheraton with spa treatments
The possibilities are endless!
If you are looking for a place that will melt your worries away, a place you feel pampered without the hoopla of a large center, this is the place.
I’m going to start saving a little bit each month to give myself the gift of spa over at LIFEforia. I think as mamas, we all deserve a little pampering, to make us feel refreshed, renewed, relaxed…we work hard, mamas. We deserve a timeout too! And now I’m happy I found the right place for me.
To book an appointment, learn about the difference services and pricing, call Kelly at 514-828-4265 and let her know Mama MOE sent you 😉 I’d love to know how you like it. You can check out their Facebook page too for specials going on.
Disclaimer: I was invited to LIFEforia to write a review. All opinions are honest and my own.
[…] Lifeoria is a great example of a spa that caters to mamas […]