Every year it’s the same thing. The two top New Year resolutions are always to get healthier and to get organized. I’ve never been one for making resolutions, however this year I’m changing my lifestyle a bit so since the new year is upon us, I’m making it work to my advantage.
This is my year for moving into a healthier lifestyle. In other words, I will be getting my butt off the office chair and my feet onto my new elliptical machine. You may have read about my first annual health check, so you know I’m in serious need of cardio in my life. And in case you’re wondering, I have, in fact, gone on the elliptical already…twice.
This past weekend I spent two whole days with my husband cleaning out our home. It was in need of a cleanup as far as paperwork goes. My office was no longer an office. It had turned into the family dumping ground for all things without a designated home. And since this year will be a busy year for my work, I needed to change that. So with files put away and lots of documents thrown out, I am ready to start this new year with a clear desk!
As you know, I am a gadget mama, and I love finding new products that make things easier for me to work or work out. This year, I will be working closely with Telus and I am thrilled to share some ideas with you about some gadgets to help you get healthy and organized for 2015. Getting ready to get fit is easier than ever thanks to some very cool gadgets:
- Moto 360 Android Wear: track your steps and heart rate with this sleek smartphone accessory.
- Misfit Shine: minimalist timepiece that automatically tracks your sleep (and can track your physical activity as well)
- Fitbit Flex: lightweight, waterproof, with a long battery life, this device can track your sleep, distance, calories burned and your sleep pattern. Sync your stats wirelessly to your computer and select smartphones.
- JBL Flip 2: wirelessly stream music while you work or workout with this Bluetooth-enabled device (has a built in microphone to answer calls too)
- Kate Spade New York Portable Battery: charge your phone in style with this great battery, perfect for when you’re on the go.
- Urbanears Bagis: SnapConstruction allows you to connect these ear buds around your neck, perfect for working out. Also includes a built-in microphone and remote.
- Mophie space 16GB: save more and delete less with this new space pack. Take photos and save them straight to this space pack without using storage on your iPhone. Protects your iPhone from drops and scratches.
- FWD Powershot: the only sensor for hockey sticks. Analyse your performance with this accessory, designed to work with all hockey sticks. And yes, it can compare performance of your friends for some friendly competition.
All of these cool gadgets are available at Telus stores. Who knew Telus had so much more than phones?
TELUS wants to help you get on the right track for your health this year. And what better way that kicking off the New Year with a giveaway, right?! One lucky reader will win a FitBit Flex for a healthy 2015!
To enter, simply fill out the Rafflecopter below and don’t forget to leave a comment letting me know how you plan to get healthy this year (I could use some ideas). I’ll be sharing my experience this year online and I would love to support any of you going through a similar journey.
Here’s to a healthy New Year!